My wife and I watched an episode of TLC’s “Extreme Couponing” and we were honestly amazed at the savings – hundreds or over a thousand dollars worth of groceries and household items for just $50 or less???? What – it’s incredible.
See the article “Confessions of an Extreme Couponer” about J’aime Kirlew, 34, who cut up to $14,000 off her grocery bill last year by clipping coupons. Her biggest “haul” was $1,900 worth of products for only $103! But, it takes work to be an extreme couponer – she and 3 friends cut coupons for 10 hours to obtain this 95% savings!
Now, I’m all for using coupons and saving money, but honestly I think “extreme couponing” is an obsession. Sorry, but I will not convert my garage &/or rooms in my house into a stockpile/storage unit. I do not believe it’s healthy to literally have hundreds of containers/bottles/boxes/jars/cans of cleaning wipes, soap, laundry detergent, cereal, toilet paper, paper towels, salad dressing, shampoo, soup, pasta, spaghetti sauce. etc. Come on – these all have some expiration date on them!
Extreme Couponing – impressive, entertaining, scary and NOT for me…
- Extreme Couponing: Reality Stars Save $40K (abcnews.go.com)
- Extreme Couponing (learnwaystosave.wordpress.com)
- The Latest In A Long Line Of Cable Freak Shows (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cover story: Extreme TV pushes the limits (cnn.com)
- ‘Extreme Couponing’ premiere clips strong ratings (insidetv.ew.com)
- TLC’s ‘Extreme Couponing’ trailer plus series debut date – EXCLUSIVE (insidetv.ew.com)
- TLC’s ‘Extreme Couponing’ Stars: Paying Full Price For Anything is ‘Completely Ridiculous’ (tvsquad.com)