With all the technology available these days, creating an on-line photo album and then emailing the photo album link to friends and family anywhere in the world…who creates a hardcopy photo album anymore???
My wife and I are guilty of using Facebook to stay in touch with family and friends, sharing picture and videos of our family of four with the people we love. It’s pretty quick and easy and our friends and family can view it at their leisure.
BUT, we still maintain hardcopy photo albums, BUT rather than a simple chronological album of photos, we switched to “themed albums.” That’s right, an album for annual pictures of birthdays, Christmas, family vacations, etc. It’s great because:
- You don’t feel the pressure to print and place photos every week/month. Come on, you fellow parents are whipping out that smart phone camera almost everyday just like me, right?!?!!
- It gives a great year to year view/comparison of our family members – we can see Julia at her 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, etc birthday! My how she’s grown!
- It’s nice to pull out the “Christmas” album each Christmas and look back at the annual memories and reminisce on the prior years. We also keep “special” Christmas cards in the album and especially the photo cards we receive from family and friends!
So, what do you think of “themed” albums? Leave a comment and feel free to share your photo/special memory saving tips! Thanks!
- Old Photo Albums, Blogging and Photographic Memories (blogher.com)
- Create photo albums right on your iPhone with Album App Mini (tuaw.com)