Change is good, try new things, be creative, shake things up, variety is the spice of life! Here’s some great (easy & simple) sandwich ideas from Parents.Com that kids will love.
My daughters’ favorite “new” sandwiches are cream cheese or hummus with thinly sliced cucumber (I use a vegetable peeler and press hard to make a thick fine slice) and peanut butter with thinly sliced apple! So, get creative and use some of your kid’s favorite things to make new healthy sandwiches! Bon appetite!
Let’s Do Lunch
Tuna salad and a sliced tomato
Almond butter with slivered almonds and dried cranberries
Hummus and chopped peppers
Apple butter and fresh apple slices
Whipped cream cheese and fresh blueberries
The Laughing Cow light spreadable cheese with ham and grated carrot
Blueberry cream cheese and strawberry slices
Reduced-sugar jam and cream cheese
Originally published in the September 2007 issue of Parents magazine.
http://www.parents.comBringing together the power of respected magazine brands including American Baby and Parents, the Parents Network is your go-to destination for parenting information. From first kicks to first steps and on to the first day of school, we are here to help you celebrate the joys and navigate the challenges of parenthood.
- Roll Up, Roll Up for 3 Ideas for an Easy Lunch (colesonline.com.au)
- Make Lunch like a Celebrity Chef! (declutterorganizerepurpose.wordpress.com)
- 11 Ways to Update Peanut Butter and Jelly (wisebread.com)
- Grilled Cheese with a Twist (cleanyourplate.net)
- School’s out…what’s for lunch? (wildchow.wordpress.com)
- 10 Healthy After School Snack Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank (education.com)