I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
We’re probably not atypical – in our family my wife cooks and I clean. I have a certain way of cleaning and loading the dishwasher – yes, I am THAT person that gets all bent out of shape when a dishwasher is not loaded correctly. I do pre-rinse/wash the dishes, call it a habit, call it a mental “isn’t that just common sense?” as I tell my wife often (much to her irritation😉 ) “The dishwasher can’t scrub sweetie, it just sprays water!” (emphasis on a sarcastic ‘sweetie’). So I was interested in checking out this new product from Cascade. “No scrubbing?” you say? HA! I was going to prove them wrong! Nothing is no scrub, the dishwasher does not have little arms that come out and scrub the grime and dried sauce/food away! But in fairness we also needed to use our old standby dishwashing detergent and do a ‘no scrub’ load as well.
Here is what Cascade Platinum promises:
- Scrubs away tough 24 hour stuck-on food
- Eliminates the need to pre-wash dishes
- Provides exceptional dishware shine
- Contains the grease fighting power of Dawn
So we tried it out.
It was hard.
It was VERY hard to control myself.
It almost felt a little gross.
I only threw the big pieces of food away, did an arbitrary rinse with water – which honestly made little difference when it came to the sticky stuff. And that was it.
In the interest of full disclosure – since we aren’t consumer reports – we used Cascade PLatinum for one night (where we had mac and cheese pot and bowls) and another night we had barbecue ribs (baking tray and plates) – so no it wasn’t an exact dish and plates comparison, but I have to say the experience has surprised me.
I really don’t have to scrub!!!🙂
The truth is I didn’t need to scrub for either of the dishwashing detergents. BUT Cascade Platinum produced results that did have more shine… my wife calls it the “Ting!” of shine, while the other detergent left the dishes clean but (I am NOT kidding) lackluster. Another thing I did notice was our daughter’s lunch thermos was gleaming clean (after mac and cheese which was left in it all day after lunch and only cleaned later at night) with Cascade Platinum, but the next day did have some remnants or smears (pesto pasta this time) left when we used our old detergent.
By the way we have an OLDER dishwasher (5-6 years old or so) and even in its hey day it wasn’t top-of-the-line. Okay part of me was creeped out with why my dishes, pots, and containers were so gleaming clean after a load with Cascade Platinum – but this is what they say about how they make it ALL happen —
- Increased enzyme power delivers better tough food cleaning than regular Cascade complete pacs.
- Unique liquid-top dual surfactant system delivers exceptional shine for the dishes while helping to keep your dishwasher sparkling.
- Specially designed chelant and polymer system helps prevent hard-water film build-up on your dishes, glasses and interior walls of your dishwasher.
- That same chelant is designed to fight Calcium that comes in with hard water and food to deliver film-free dishes.
My wife is currently scouring BJs and Costco Warehouses to see if they carry the Cascade Platinum Pacs – truth is, I’m not sure how much cleaner it makes the dishes compared to our current detergent but it certainly makes the dishes and pots look gleamingly clean. And my regular detergent didn’t clean the pesto pasta filled lunch thermos completely!
I can see why Cascade Platinum has partnered with Gail Simmons (of Top Chef and Food and Wine fame) to discuss why presentation is just as important as preparation. They have tips on prepping and plating, as well as helpful videos here. We’re not absolute foodies by any means but we do enjoy food that looks good and part of food looking good is the cleanliness of the plate it’s sitting on.
Additional Links –
- Cascade website
- Cascade Facebook Page
- My Platinum Instagram Contest – Submit your own photos for a chance to win prizes! Each week, two contestants will be selected to receive a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher, and one lucky grand prize winner will receive a Platinum kitchen makeover the contest ends on June 30th.
- Cascade Platinum Pacs Review + Instagram Contest #MyPlatinum #sponsored (momfuse.com)
- My Dishes are Sparkling Clean with Cascade Platinum! (prettyopinionated.com)
- A Powerful Clean with Cascade Platinum Pacs #MyPlatinum #sponsored (myhighestselfblog.com)
- New Cascade Platinum Pacs! #MyPlatinum #sponsored (thecinnamonhollow.com)
- Cascade Platinum for Sparkling Dishes (sweeptight.com)
- I’m a Cascade My Platinum Ambassador (serendipitymommy.com)
- Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Pacs #MyPlatinum Instagram Contest @MyCascade (thecinnamonhollow.com)